Sunday, April 21, 2013

DIY Peter Pan Collar








Materials:

* Felt
* Ribbon, lace, or any material you want to embellish with
* Fabric snaps
* Scissors
* Needle and thread

Directions:
1. Draw out your template on a piece of paper. I recommend playing with it and trying it on until it fits the way you want before you cut it out on felt. I played around with my template until it laid the way I wanted it.
2. Cut out your collar on a piece of felt.
3. To embellish my collar, I decided to make a bow with some scraps of lace I had.
4. To make the bow fold it so that the two ends meet in the middle. Bind it down with a piece of string by wrapping it around.
5. Sew or glue a piece of lace in the middle part of the bow.
6. I added the little tails to form my bow. Once you have finished with the bow, sew it onto the middle part of your collar.
7. Add fabric snaps on the ends of your collar and then you are finished.

Super simple and super cute! You can have lots of fun making different kinds of collars. I decided to make a purple one and added metal washers for the embellishment. So now I have the perfect balance of sweet and sassy. Have fun crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment