Tuesday, July 2, 2013

DIY Lana Del Ray Inspired Flower Headbands

Summer is here and so are these flower headbands trend. I have been seeing these headbands lately everywhere and thought they were very cute and stylish.

I found a section with some fake flowers at a store and decided that I was going to try and create some of these Lana Del Rey inspired headbands. 


Here are the fake flowers that I used. 


The first headband I decided to create was this flower crown. I found this great tutorial HERE! In this tutorial, you use wire to make it into a crown. 


I decided to make two different kinds of headbands. Here is the second one I created:


The second headband I created was out of elastic. For this project, I cut out a piece of felt and glued on the flowers to it. I then attached elastic to the back of the felt that measured out to fit my head... and then Presto! A cute summer elastic headband.


If you like to follow a tutorial HERE is another crafter's flower elastic headband.

There are many different ways to create these flower headbands. HERE is another crafter's tutorial (using headbands).

So the next time you see some fake flowers at your local dollar store or crafting store pick some up and turn them into these super cute and stylish headbands!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment: